Experienced and leading supplier of pigeon products since 1993
Harkers Ltd is the sister company of Petlife International Ltd, a family business, run for the first 25 years by John Hancock and his two sons, James and Tom, along with Pauline Muirhead the Accounts Director. Very sadly and tragically in November 2019 John Hancock passed away from a rare aggressive form of cancer. His eldest son James now runs the Company.
Harkers is the leading supplier of pigeon products and has been in existence for over 60 years, and with Petlife has been trading for over 25 years. In this time Harkers has become the leading brand in pigeon care in the racing world, specialising in a range of treatments including health supplements, preventative medicines and loft treatment. The company is well respected for its comprehensive line of products to help the pigeon fancier get the very best from his pigeons.
We sell our products through a large distribution channel which includes pet charities, pet wholesalers, pet retailers, vets and veterinary wholesalers, as well as some direct sales to the consumer; in fact anybody who has anything to do with animals! Petlife products are also exported worldwide.
3 IN 1 PIGEON TREATMENT
TREATS CANKER, COCCIDIOSIS & WORMS
- Harkers 3 in 1 treatments are for the prevention of Coccidiosis, Canker and Worms in a single dose, so takes away the hassle of treating birds with three separate medicines.
- Harkers 3 in 1 tablets are the perfect solution for larger lofts and for fanciers with less time on their hands.
- Available in 50 Tablet Packs.
- Contains Diclazuril 2.5mg, Fenbendazole 8.0mg and Ronizadole 20.0mg
COXITABSEFFECTIVE TREATMENT & CONTROL OF COCCIDIOSIS
- Coxitabs is an effective treatment and control of coccidiosis which is caused by Eimeria Labbeana and Elmeria Columbarum in homing and show pigeons.
- Birds should be treated when mated and again 3-4 weeks later to prevent infection of nestlings.
- Also birds should be treated following transportation to shows and races where they may be exposed to contaminated cages or baskets.
- Available in 50 tablet packs.
- Contains Diclazuril 2.5mg
A liquid wormer for use against roundworm and hairworm
Mix 6ml Harka-Verm to 2 litres of drinking water for 3 days
1 bottle will treat up to 50 pigeons over a 3 day period
Not to be used during moulting season, as may cause fret marks
- Coxoid treats coccidiosis, caused by internal parasites in birds.
- Coxoid is a water treatment for coccidiosis add to the drinking water for 7 days and during treatment birds should not have access to unmediated water.
- A favourable reaction may be expected withing 2 days.
- Coxoid contains Amprolium Hydrochloride 3.84% w/v.
TREATS INTERNAL & EXTERNAL PARASITES
- Harkamectin is a single treatment that helps to control worms, lice and mites in racing and show pigeons.
- Place two drops per bird onto the skin, under the feathers between the shoulders.
- It is advisable to treat pigeons before the racing season and at any point should a problem with worms, mites or lice become apparent.
Should not be used on birds less than 8 weeks of age
Should not be used during the molting period or during the hatching period
Should not be used on pigeons less then 400g
Available in a 5ml bottle (sufficient for 50 birds)
Contains lvermectin 0.35% w/v
4 IN 1 TABLETS
TREATS CANKER, COCCIDIOSIS, WORMS & EXTERNAL PARASITES
- Harkers, the 4 in 1 treatment for pigeons is a single tablet treatment for canker, coccidiosis, worms and external parasites (lice and mites)
- Works to control external parasites, coccidiosis and canker often found in adult pigeons
- Extensively tested and licensed for sale in the UK under the small animal exemption scheme
- Comes in tablet form, licensed for use in pigeons only
- Treatment saves pigeon fanciers time in having to administer individual treatments for each specified problem
- One pack contains 25 tablets, enough to treat 25 birds
A ONE TABLET CANKER TREATMENT
- Spartrix is in a handy tablet form so pigeons can be treated individually ensuring all birds receive the required dose
- Whenever canker is seen, all birds should be treated
- Adult birds should be treated before breeding and again before racing season
- Young birds should be treated with half a tablet at weaning or before flying out
- 50 tablets, 1 tablet per bird
- Containing 10mg Carnidazole
4 IN 1 SOLUBLETREATMENT & PREVENTION OF CANKER, COCCIDIOSIS, WORMS & EXTERNAL PARASITES
- Harkers 4 in 1 Soluble is for the treatment and prevention of canker, coccidiosis, worms and external parasites (lice and mites) in racing pigeons, via the drinking water.
- Add 6ml of Harkers 4 in 1 Soluble to 1 litre of fresh drinking water daily, for a period of 5 days. Always use fresh solution daily and do not allow birds to drink from any other source during the treatment period
- Treat parent stock 3 weeks prior to breeding and young birds after weaning (do not treat birds less than 8 weeks of age). Repeat before racing begins and at 6-8 weekly intervals thereafter as a preventative measure
100ml - One bottle will treat 50 birds
Costs less than 40p per treatment
Contains Amprolium Hydrochloride, Ronidazole and Ivermectin
RACING PIGEON FEED SUPPLEMENT
- The leading pigeon feed supplement, Hormoform for racing pigeons was launched in 1954 and now in its 7th decade, such is its success
- Designed to fill any shortfall in the staple diet, whether breeding, racing or during the moult
- Natural source of carbohydrates and fibre - increasing palatability and aiding digestion
- High levels of essential amino acids - aids muscle growth, promotes better feathering and improves egg/chick size and vitality
- Made using only quality ingredients - no cheap fillers or inferior alternatives
- Makes up for any shortfall in the staple diet
- Contains essential fatty acids that cannot be reproduced by the body - aids cellular repair, promotes better eyesight when flying and improves fertility and hatchability
- High in vitamins - promotes strong bones and increases protein synthesis, leading to improved flight ability
- Used and recommended by leading fanciers across the UK for more than 60 years
- Available in 2.5Kg bags
- Ingredients: Protein 9.00%; Oil 9.00%; Fibre 1.80%; Ash 13.00%. Vitamin A 18000 iu/kg; Vitamin D3 5000 iu/kg; Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol) 75 iu/kg. Contains EEC permitted colourant and antioxidant.
- Feeding Instructions:
RESTING BIRDS: 57gm (2oz) Hormoform per 450gm (1lb) feed
RACING BIRDS: 71gm (2.5oz) Hormoform per 450gm (1lb) feed.
BREEDING BIRDS: 86gm (3oz) Hormoform per 450gm (1lb) feed.
Hormoform should be given daily in the feed at the recommended strength. Hormoform can also be given separately, in a container, for the birds to feed to their own individual requirements.
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight. Use within 8 to 10 weeks of opening the bag.
- This Treatment is a dry disinfectant which inhibits the spread of disease-causing organisms which are often spread via the droppings.
- Even though the disinfectant is dry there is not lime or chalk based which can dry the natural oils on a pigeon's plumage.
- The dry disinfectant is compatible with all systems and should be sprinkled lightly around nesting and perching areas - paying particular attention to any damp patches which are normally the danger areas in pigeon lofts. oft treatment is pleasant smelling, finely divided powder which incorporates a powerful ammonium biocidal agen
- Loft treatment is pleasant smelling, finely divided powder which incorporates a powerful ammonium biocidal agent.
- When spread as a dressing, bacteria is held in Loft Treatment's highly absorbent matrix and efficiently neutralised.
- Bacterial - effective against bacteria and oocysts
- Pleasant to use - keeps lofts smelling fresh
- Dry disinfectant - can be used when weather is damp
- Compatible with all other hygiene systems - penetrates the areas your scraper cannot reach
- Available as a 1.8kg shaker tub.
- Contains Benzalkonium Chloride and Eucalyptus Oil
SOLUBLE CANKER TREATMENT
- Harkanker soluble is used to prevent a build up and spread of infection in adult birds
- This treatment should be given at the beginning and at the end of the racing season
- If administered 3 weeks prior to breeding, risk of infection being passed to the young birds is eliminated
- Available in 10 x 4g sachets ( sufficient for 100 birds)
- Contains Ronidazole 400mg